How to Make Your Home Look Expensive
Learn how to make your home look expensive without spending much money. DIY design expert Lisa Burningham shows you ways to make your home look more expensive on a budget. Here are Lisa’s 11-plus home hacks.
1. Add statement pieces, like a bold rug or dazzling chandelier that will stand out in a room.
2. Mix classic and modern design styles to give your space personality.
3. Refinish old furniture with bright paint and swap out trim and hardware.
4. Hang neutral drapes in various materials to give your space a timeless, elegant, and bright look.
5. Open the drapes to let in natural, warm light to brighten your home.
6. Swap out and add light fixtures to make a home light and bright.
7. Layer textured accessories, such as trays, pillows, and throws.
8. Swap out old accessories with updated, polished, and timeless decor pieces like ginger jars in all sizes.
9. Go big with accessories to make a statement and make a room less cluttered.
10. Choose neutral bedding for a calming and cohesive look.
11. Mix and match metals artwork and lighting to add richness to a space.
12. Buy neutral furniture with a minimalist feel so it is timeless.
13. Add architectural details with DIY decorative trim to add a high-end look to a home.
Lisa’s bonus ideas elevate your home even more. Do you plan to incorporate these ideas into your home? Do you have other ways to make your home look expensive that you’d like to share?
How to make your home look expensive
To see more videos, check out the Lisa Burningham YouTube channel.