How to Declutter Fast: 10 Tips For People Who Don't Have Time to Tidy
Looking for advice on how to declutter fast? The Youtuber A to Zen Life suggests 10 tips for those who feel like they do not have time to declutter.
1. Stop the inflow. Avoid shopping and bringing new things into your home, as it will only slow down your decluttering progress.
2. Do a trash sweep. There are areas in every home that tend to attract trash, like the entryway. Go around your house and toss it.
3. Keep your eyes on the prize. To declutter fast, focus on decluttering, and don’t try to clean or organize - it will be easier once you have decluttered anyway.
4. Donate more. Selling is always ideal, but if you need to declutter fast, prioritize your mental health and just donate.
5. Use the 80/20 rule. Tackle the high-impact areas in your home: clear the flat surfaces that are highly visible, like your kitchen countertops, bookshelves, and dining table.
6. Be ruthless. If you have to ask yourself if you should keep or toss something, toss it. You deserve things that you feel confident about.
7. Create clutter drop zones. If you have buckets around designated for clutter, you are more likely to declutter as you do not need to waste time dealing with each piece separately.
8. Set a timer. You can get a lot done even if you only have 15 minutes a day, as long as you are focused.
9. Use a re-home box. To avoid having to run around the house and put everything where it belongs, go around with a box and put everything in it, so you can return it to its place later.
10. Make decluttering fun. Focus on the positives of decluttering. Turn on music, reward yourself or take “before” and “after” pictures.
How to declutter fast
Hopefully, these tips on how to declutter your home fast will help you on your decluttering journey. Thank you A to Zen Life for the wonderful advice!
To see more videos, check out the A to Zen Life YouTube channel.