13 Lazy Habits for a Clean Home - Decluttering & Organizing
If you are lazy but enjoy a clean home, you will enjoy these lazy habits for a clean home. They will save you time. Here are 13 clean home habits.
1. Keep a donation box at all times. If you find something you don’t want or need, you can quickly throw it in the box. This streamlines the decluttering process. When it’s full, throw it in the car and bring it to a donation center.
2. Follow the “touch it once principle.” Instead of moving dishes from the living room to the kitchen counter, later moving them to the sink, and later, finally moving them to the dishwasher, why not put them where they go the first time around? This decluttering habit makes keeping a clean home easier.
3. Make sure everything in your home has a place. If it doesn’t have a place, and you can’t find a place for it, it means you don’t have room for it, or you don’t need it. Throw it in the donation box.
4. At the beginning of the year, flip all your closet hangers backward. As the year goes by, after you wear an item, put it back with the hanger facing forward. At the end of the year, any items still facing backward go in the donation box.
5. If you can borrow it, don’t buy it. If it’s something you don’t need that often, like a tool for a specific project, you can borrow it and save money and space. Also, be the person who lets people borrow things.
6. Instead of the one-in-one-out rule, challenge yourself to follow the one-in-two-out rule. For every new thing you bring into the home, get rid of two items you already have.
7. Decluttering isn’t a one-and-done project. It’s constant. Get into the decluttering habit of regularly sweeping your home, one room a day, looking for items to put away or declutter.
8. Roombas are helpful time savers. Especially in houses with carpets and pets. It does the work and you don’t have to do anything.
9. Use Audible, or other online book services, instead of accumulating too many books.
10. You can procrastinate later. Clean things up right away.
11. Use drawer dividers to keep your drawers from becoming junk drawers.
12. Learn from others. If you see someone do something smart, copy it.
13. You can use baskets to throw spare blankets into. No folding necessary.
Lazy habits for a clean home
These decluttering habits can help people keep a clean home with minimal effort. What do you do to keep a clean home? Let us know in the comments.
For more cleaning hacks, discover this 5-minute cleaning challenge or how a 15-minute declutter can make all the difference.
To see more videos, check out the Frugal Fit Mom YouTube channel.