30 Things I Don't Buy as a Minimalist
Minimalism as a lifestyle suggests reducing one’s belongings to the absolute essentials. This helps keep one’s house clutter-free, produces less waste, and obviously saves money.
YouTuber Mia Danielle shares her list of “30 things I don’t buy as a minimalist”.
1. Labels or label makers
2. Printer paper or ink. The digitalized world barely ever requires you to print things out anymore: just sign papers with an e-signature, and scan them with your phone.
3. Filing supplies. Mia just uses one big folder for all the documents.
4. Plastic water bottles
5. Sponges. Mia prefers using brushes, that serve for longer and don’t get as icky.
6. Physical media: DVDs, CDs, etc
7. Cable box or streaming boxes
8. Coffee filters
10. Room sprays. Out of all the things designed to give one’s home a pleasant smell, Mia has found that essential oils work best.
11. Picture frames
12. Artificial nail stuff
13. Random jewelry
14. Hair products that aren’t shampoo or conditioner
16. High heels. Why buy something you don’t feel your best in?
17. Cheap flip-flops
18. Tanning products
19. Cheap gloves, beanies, scarves
20. Bobby pins, safety pins, clothes pins
21. Teeth whiteners
22. Shaving cream. Shampoo, soap, or conditioner work just fine.
23. Filler meds: Visine, Peroxide, Vaseline. Mia buys meds when she has the immediate need for them, and for wounds, she uses antimicrobial soap and Neosporin.
26. Jewelry boxes
27. Makeup cases
28. Makeup mirrors
29. Ribbons or bows
30. Car accessories
Things I don't buy as a minimalist
So these were 30 things minimalists don’t buy, or at least Mia Danielle doesn’t. Would you add anything to the list? Leave a comment.
For more minimalist tips, discover this guide on how you can embrace minimalism in 2023 or how to use Pareto's 80/20 rule for a minimalist home.
To see more videos, check out the Mia Danielle YouTube channel..