21 Budget Fall Decorating Ideas for Your Home
Looking for budget fall decorating ideas for your home? Here are 21 creative ways to add a little fall decor without breaking the bank.
Happy almost September.
I hope you are having a day as amazing as you are.
And you have coffee.
I have some FALL FOR YOU. I know it’s summer. I know it’s 100 degrees outside. I know falling leaves seem light years away. But here’s the thing. Fall is SO MUCH CLOSER than you even know.
And I’m here to get us all ready.
So in case you needed a little fall inspiration on a budget?
This is the post for you.
Here are 21 budget fall decorating ideas for your home along with budget finds for every room in the house.
1. Fill a basket with pumpkins.
I know, right?
Simple and easy.
2. Make a wood pumpkin from twigs in the yard.
3. Cover the edge of a hutch or bookcase with paper leaves. I just attached them with double-sided tape and crinkled the edges for a more realistic effect.
4. Make acorns from felted sweaters and stitch the top.
5. Create an acorn garland with felted bottoms and mini acorn tops.
7. DIY blue and white pumpkins with scrapbook leaves.
8. Change up the colors of fall. Think outside the box and layer in blue and white or turquoise or hot pink.
9. Tuck a mini pumpkin into a display like this blue and white fabric pumpkin.
10. Fill a glass vase with leaves from the yard.
11. Make a pumpkin pillow from a placemat.
12. Fill a dough bowl with pumpkins. This is the perfect idea for all those pumpkins that you have in a tub that you have no idea what to do with.
13. Create a fall mantel with simple eucalyptus leaves and hay and candles.
14. Battery-operated candles with a timer are a great option for a fall mantel.
15. Tie bundles of hay with jute twine.
16. Hand-stitch a thrift store tray for fall.
17. Layer in white dishes and velvet and straw pumpkins.
18. Fill a low basket on your kitchen island with pumpkins. You can add in faux stems, too. Here are some of my favorite faux stems for this fall.
19. Drape a fall dish towel over the edge of a kitchen chair.
20. Tuck fall cards into the edge of a chalkboard or frame.
21. Add a basket full of wood slices to an interior door. You can see how I made DIY wood slices like these here.
Step outside and celebrate.
The season is changing. Hot chocolate and cinnamon cookies and sweaters and crisp cool days are just around the corner.
Here’s to all the fall that is here and is yet to come. 🙂
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post.